Saturday 7 May 2011

69

I will never tell you that sometimes I know...
I think...
I will never tell you that when you speak about her, just sometimes, it makes my day a little bit sadder.
But I'll still be there when you need to talk.
I'll still listen because I know you don't understand it in the same way.
I will never tell you how sick it made me feel when I saw her name in your calls list, her name above and below mine as you scrolled through your inbox.
I will never tell you because... Because it's nothing.
Because it's just...
Because you're so good.
And... And because I understand.
Because I know it's just me feeling sad because... Because I remember how you spoke of her before.
How her absence tore you apart.
How much she meant to you.
How much she still, and always will mean to you.
It just makes me sad because I sometimes think I could lose you in a heartbeat.
And... That sometimes I'm just... There'll never be anyone like her for you.
And the sad thing I find is that, I often think there'll never anyone for me like you.
But I'll never tell you that, Because that's the way it goes.
Because that's the way it is.
I'll never tell you, because you're good, you're you, and... the past is the past.
The heart is the heart.
And they say it never dies.
They say you never truly get over someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment