Sunday 10 April 2011

39

You know something?
I adore the way your stare lingers, just that second longer.
Heck, It's longer than a second.
You unashamedly do it. You grin as you do it, your smile growing broader as I cringe, blush and avert my gaze.
Or when I can't stop myself from sleeping.
When my eyes shut, under the warm sun, and you quietly lean closer, kiss my lips, my forehead, my cheek, and lie next to me, as I silently smile, and reach for your hand.
I adore that.
And I adore the fact that you use that word, "Adore."
I adore a lot of things actually.
I like how loud we can laugh. I like how sometimes I lose my breath from laughter, and when I open my eyes, you're keeled over, one hand pressed against your mouth, your eyes squinting happily.
I like how fucking crazy we are.
We are. Fucking. Crazy.
And... I like that.
I like how we've given up on fear, and when we wake up, you simply say,
"Good Morning."
And I just smile.
I like how you admit it makes you happy when I kiss you on the cheek.
I like that fact, that, upon you telling me that, I reached for your face to kiss you on the cheek, to feel your smile draw across it as my lips pulled away.
I like that I wasn't afraid to do it.
I like the fact you're sappy.
Yeah, I really do.
And... I like how surprised you and I are, that I don't scoff at every moment of intimacy, that I would have shied away from before.
Perhaps it's because you make me feel safe. Perhaps it's simply that I trust you.
Perhaps it's just because you're you, and... That's a pretty good reason.
I... Like the fact I write on obscure blogs about you, and... That... My notebook, and my blog, and my writings... You consume them.
Just that little bit.
It seems difficult to be inspired by other things.
You're just that little bit more inspiring.
And so, "You", that little word, litters most of what I write.
It litters... It litters creativity.
What I like most though?
The very most?
How I can sit here, legs crossed, catching my reflection in the window, music softly playing, hands pressed against the keyboard... and... I feel so whole.
Things may not be perfect, and my head may not be fine, But... I feel whole.
I feel strong, and good... and... Happy.
So very happy.
And I like very much, that you're to blame.
I blame you, and thank you, for being so very you.
And, I adore you for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment