Tuesday 12 April 2011

40

You're a beautiful girl.
Beautiful.
Beautiful.
Beautiful.
And... Right now, sitting in this cluttered room, music drolling out across it's walls, I want nothing more but to write for you.
I... I don't even know you that well, but there's a silence between us.
Every now and then, a silence in which I feel like I understand you, and you me.
I wish I knew you well enough, so I could actually... be there for you, rather than making do with a kinder smile, or a louder hello.
Right now... Right now I wish I could be there to understand for you, to just... "be" for you.
But, I'm rendered to a letter you'll never see in obscure web space, that I will never send, and that will never benefit you.
I want you to be happy, so much.
But I know happiness doesn't come with choice, not deep down.
I know you need time, I know you need to grieve, and...
I hope you're given the chance to do that.
You're a beautiful girl, far too young for those empty smiles and lowered eye lids.
And I...
I want you to smile enough, that it deepens the lines by your eyes, and the sun bounces off them, like sparks bursting from flames.

No comments:

Post a Comment